Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A New Blogging Opportunity

I was recently invited by my friend, New York attorney and blogger, Scott Greenfield, to become a contributing blogger to a new project he has begun called Fault Lines.  The project incorporates several different attorneys from around the country who write about trending topics and news stories in the Criminal Justice arena.  He invited me because I'm semi-literate and can hopefully draw on my experiences from my prosecutor days for a different type of perspective.

Followers of this blog know that I don't normally comment on national news stories here, sticking to what I know best: Harris County Criminal Justice.

However, the opportunity to work with Scott on a project is too good to pass up.  He is the preeminent criminal law blogger and I'm honored to be invited.

And I'm not just saying that because he bought me a beer once at Char Bar.

So, here's my first shot at it.  I hope you'll contribute to the discussion over there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Murray, do you want to be nominated for the award SHG posted about today? If not, please send $327 in small, unmarked bills to...

BYW, your buddy Don mentioned you in passing in his screed at BJP today.

Anonymous said...

Please, can you blog about David Temple getting a new trial. What happened? Did Pat Lykos testify.

Alex said...

And don't forget the dinner I organized for you, Bennett, Greenfield and Fickman. The greatest criminal law blog minds that ever ate enchiladas together.

Gritsforbreakfast said...

Now that you're at a second blog I get two chances every day to be disappointed that you haven't written about Judge Gist's ruling re: Kelly Siegler yet! ;)

Episode Seven: The Voters Awaken - A One Act -Sci-Fi Play

SCENE:  The Death Star orbits over Downtown Houston. [INTERIOR] The Imperial Council Chambers. EMPRESS OGG sits at the head of a long table ...