Monday, July 13, 2015

Kelly Siegler and the Temple Decision

Over the past several days, I have been contacted many times by many people -- on the blog and off the blog -- wanting to know when I was going to write something about Kelly Siegler and the David Temple decision.  I have steadfastly declined because I am entirely too biased to write anything.

Although the Criminal Justice world is currently bashing Kelly, she remains one of the best friends I've ever had in my life.  She is an altruistic friend whom I've known for eighteen years.  She's been around for some of the worst times and best times of my life.  She is truly like the big sister that I never had.

If there is anyone who thinks that I would ever turn my back on a friend who has meant that much to me and my family, they clearly should reevaluate what the meaning of friendship is.

For those of us who know and love Kelly, regardless of what anyone else is saying, it is painful to listen to the things being said about her.

I'm sure that the mere fact that I dare to say anything positive about my friend will unleash a storm of additional outrage from those who were plenty outraged to begin with.   I'm sure that my loyalty to the defense attorney profession will be called into question by those same people -- they tend to do that when they don't agree with me.

But Kelly Siegler is one of the best people I know, and nothing that her critics say about her will ever change that in my opinion.

Episode Seven: The Voters Awaken - A One Act -Sci-Fi Play

SCENE:  The Death Star orbits over Downtown Houston. [INTERIOR] The Imperial Council Chambers. EMPRESS OGG sits at the head of a long table ...